K... going back in time. We started a farm lately at our house! We now have 2 Bee hives and 4 chickens. What fun we are having. I did do a video of Shane putting the bees in their hives, but for some reason I can not get pic. only audio to work. Here are some pics of bringing home the bees and the girls holding them....
Please Leave a Comment So I Know Who Has Visited..





And here is a couple of pic.s of our new chicks. They are not this small anymore they are mostly grown now. Yes after they have finished their cycle of egg laying we will be eating them... There names are 'Diamond Castle' 'Dixey' 'Yummy' and 'Sparkles'.



Also we had Shaela's B-day party.. It was a hit! She wanted to watch a movie outside on the garage door, but it did not get dark soon enough. So I emptied my basement of ALL furniture and toys and set it up to project on the far wall. This worked out perfect other then the 30+ Capri Suns that got spilt down there. (good thing I bought the clear ones). Here are some pics of her party. She had invited around 40 kids and I think we had around 36 show up. It was a BLAST!! This was the funnest party yet and I have to give a special Thanks to Jenny, Sheena, Amy, Jamie and Mel. for helping with everything. I wish you I would have taken a pic. of the treat table it was pretty cool. We had a Real Movie popcorn Machine, and bowls of.. plain M&M's, Peanut M&M's, Swedish Fish, Licorice, and a peanutbutter ricecrispy treats, with Capri Suns to drink...
Shane was the hit with the ballons, we had a bunch of the kind you can make balloon animals with, they all became either hats or swords. The kids had a blast hitting each other with them. Notice the chicken coup in the garage I am painting?


We are lining up for treats for the movie here.
Watching the movie...

The Movie Aftermath

What good times......
4 comments:
Welcome back to the world of blogging! Its been a while.
I'm glad the pictures turned out. I thought the party was a great hit. I know McKinley had fun, even Eliza was screaming with delight watching the kids have fun. The next day I was craving your peanut butter crispy treat... I must learn how to make those!
what a cute family. I think you are a brave one to have bees. Your blog is way cute.
The bee's are awesome. I have wanted to start my own bee farm/hive. How did you get started? Any pointers would be helpful.
Thanks for coming to camp, I so enjoyed talking with you and I look forward to getting to know you even better.
(Hugs)
Carolyn
I want a BEEHIVE!!! How hard is it to take care of? What happens in the winter? Are there zoning regulations? That is really cool!
http://www.funluggage.com
Post a Comment