Thursday, October 1, 2009

Honey Day's

Earlier this week we started to prepare our bees for winter. We took off the extra boxes that we extracted the honey from and brought them into the house. See the big white boxes in the back ground? This is what the start of our work area looked like...
Here is a comb taken out with the caps(wax) still on... Honey behind caps...
Here is where Shane is taken the hot knife to the caps so we can spin off the honey...

And here is our bottling crew. ..

I poured.....
Shaela wiped the edges....

Bridget put the caps on....
And we all worked together...
I Loved the look of this jar of honey with all the air bubbles (not something you really want when filling)..

And our finished project..










3 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so amazing! I have always been fascinated by bees! Looks like a lot of fun!

THE SCHREIBER'S said...

What a fun family memory you have made Nicla. This was so fun to read and the pictures are great. You have got to be the coolest lady ever! No kidding!

Jackson's Post said...

I love these pictures and you know that the girls will remember this for the rest of their lives. What a fun memory to have.