Thursday, May 19, 2016

Getting Up...

Happy 14th Birthday!!!!!!!
Well this morning she did not feel real good but guessing that is mainly from all the pain meds. They want her to start eating but she has no appetite. They want to see if/when she starts to eat fats whether or not her Lymph liquid is clear or not. If it is not then she will be put on to a fat free diet. Child Life came and gave me some stuff to decorate her room with. They have taken a few lines out which always feels like you have a bit more freedom. She wants buttered Corn Flakes or Muddy Buddies and of course they don't have those here. I will have to get creative. 

Happy Birthday poster that Child life did for me to tape up as well as a ballon, and crepe paper. I'm not putting the crepe paper up until I know if we are moving.

Getting up for the first time to get her muscles moving and to help open up her lungs more. Both lungs have partially collapsed.

Sitting down in a chair!!! I'm going to paint her nails in a little while. Right now it took so much out of her they had to give her more pain meds and she is Sleeping.

A moment like this will always humble the strongest of us


1 comment:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Shaela! Praying for you!