Just as I fell asleep Tuesday night at 1:00am my phone rang. And of course you know it is not good when your phone rings at this time. It was the NICU calling about Beau saying how he has not done well and is having lots of A&B's ('A' stands for Apnea, 'B' stands for Bradycardia), they had to revive him a few times and he was also lethargic with low muscle. They needed permission to do another spinal tap to test for meningitis as well as run blood and urine tests for infections. Of course I said yes. They started him on antibiotics and he seems to be doing better. We have not seen test outcomes yet other then being aware his white blood cell count is higher.
I went in yesterday and spent a long day at the hospital thanks to my mom gifting Shaela and Bridget a lagoon pass each and Sheena taking them with her boys for a day there while my mom tended Regan. Beau had an interesting nurse that kept asking me why we chose to let Ruby go? Why she was so sick? How we knew she wasn't going to make it? How we were sure she was worse off than the other two? And that she had seen plenty of preemies make it with the same issues. She made me second guess what I knew was the right choice and in no way was I able to explain to her the answers we were given without explaining all the spiritual things that had happened up to that point. She even went as far as asking the nurse practitioner in front of me after I had already answered all her questions the best I could, who was also there when the triplets were born what was wrong with Ruby and why she was so sick.
On a good note I get to try non nutritive nursing with Amber today!!! Here are some fun pictures of the littles in clothes since they both graduated to cribs.


4 comments:
They are so cute. How is your little Beau and thats scary. How is your little Regan?
Bless Beau! Praying for him! They are such sweet angels. Please don't second guess yourself! I hope you feel comfort and love from us all! Love you.
I think your decisions have been inspired. You and Shane are amazing parents! Praying for little Beau and glad you are having some ups! And tell Bridget congrats on her singing competition! She is a stellar little lady! (Love Jenny Bullock)
Yay for you getting to nurse Amber!!!! Cmon Beau, fight those A's and B's! Prayers to you both
Post a Comment