Wednesday, July 29, 2015

6lbs!!!!

Baby update first, they have been in the NICU and with us for 81 days now. That makes them 38wks gestational age. And 11.5wks actual. They are doing great. Beau rocked his surgery and recovery. He was off the ventilator after 3 days! Way shorter then they thought. Amber has begun trying to feed with a bottle but can't get the hang of it yet. Beau tried on feeding and dropped his heart rate and oxygen so had to stop. Their eyes have not gotten worse but also have not gotten better. Since Beau is on full feeds finally (through the NG tube) he can now get off the stuff that was causing him liver problems. And they both weigh over 6lbs!!!!! I will be bringing toddlers home ;)

Amber and their Occupational Therapist, LeeAnn

Friday, July 10th
Regan had a sleep out with her dad in the tent. Not sure how much sleep dad got, but Regan loved it.


Saturday, July 11th Shaela and Bridget went with my parents and their cousins to the Jackson reunion (my maiden name). They had a blast river tubing and came back tired and sunburnt. 

Bridget

Shaela

Thursday, July 16th the neighborhood ladies along with family and friends, threw me an amazing baby shower. It always is wonderful to feel so loved by so many. The babies and I received some amazing gifts. And one nice thing was everyone either brought a box of diapers, wet wipes or a frozen dinner. These dinners sure have came in handy. I loved the invite and appreciated how they included our sweet Ruby.

The invite

Baby Shower

Saturday, July 18th Bridget did her singing competition at the city park. She did an amazing job and I would love to share it all with you. However, it didn't get recorded. I noticed Shane was recording it so I chose not to. Later we found out that he did something wrong and it didn't record. I have asked anyone and everyone that I thought may have recorded it with no positive outcome. She did not place but she did receive an award.

Here is a picture of her receiving an award.

Sunday, July 19th we went and visited the babies as a family (which we usually do every Sunday). I told Regan the night before if she went to sleep quickly she could help me bath Amber. She was SO excited and it was super cute to watch her help.

Regan giving Amber a bath

Beau after his sponge bath

Wednesday, July 22nd Amber started working on bottle feeds. Also on this day in our area of Utah we had a flash flood. It was so heavy that it blew ALL the manhole covers off going up Eagle Ridge Drive.

Picture of a manhole cover blown off and the water gushing out.

Thursday, July 23rd I took the girls to the Pioneer Day's parade. They had a great time and afterwards we picked up Shane and KFC and went and eat dinner in the park. Then came home and the girls and I slept in the tent together. I actually slept really well. 

The Parade

Hanging out in the tent (flash was bright)

Friday, July 24th and Saturday, July 25th, Shane took the girls fishing. They had a blast plus Regan was ecstatic that she and her sisters all got new fishing poles.

Bridget

Regan

Shaela

Monday, July 27th I received a very special gift. I received a car seat for one of the babies. But the special part of it isn't so much the car seat. It was the gift of love and understanding shown to me.  It was given to me by a sweet mom I met from a Utah Triplet Group on Facebook. She also gave birth to triplets (2 girls and a boy) and lost one of her dear babies early on as we did. She had purchased three car seats one for each baby. She held onto the one that never got to be taken out of the box. She wanted to donate it to someone special and I am humbled that she gifted it to us.

Tuesday, July 28th Beau decided to be a typical boy and pee all over my shirt. So I graduated to becoming a surgeon by them lending me a pair of scrubs. I think I like these scrubs. And when I got home Shaela and Regan had set up a surprise Party for me. With all my scrapbooks, journals and photo albums out. Her and Regan even baked a cake. Super sweet and Regan had a blast planning it with her. 

Beau and I cuddling



Wednesday, July 29th I went in for surgery at 5:30am: I ended up getting my right ovary and tube out as well as my left tube. Was able to keep left ovary and hope the biopsy comes back negative so It stays that way.

Shane and I waiting to go back for surgery

We have been busy. Sorry for the Looooong update. You would think time would be slow waiting for our family to all be together but in reality it goes by so fast. At the hospital I feel like I enter a time warp and some how days, hours and weeks have passed. I am so glad I have written down in this blog to print for my journal because I know I would have forgotten so much of this journey we are on. Thank you for allowing me to share a bit of it with all of you.















1 comment:

UTMomof5 said...

Thanks for sharing the update. I hope things continue to improve for your sweet babies!