Every one of my posts start out about how busy I am or how time flys bye. And it sure is all that and more.
Friday I did my usual all day stay with the babies, then we took our girls to the fireworks at the golf course. It seemed shorter this year for some reason but still a very good show. I loved the heart shaped ones and the girls loved the smiley face ones. Saturday I spent the day with the babies then we took the girls to the car races. It was the Super Modified and Shane was Super excited ;)
Here is a picture of him running to get the best seat he could find since we were walking to slow for him and he was missing part of the 6 hour races... (Trust me, we were not late)
From now on races should be without kids ;) Shaela is starting to like them, Bridget likes them depending on how many souvenirs you buy her and Regan I end up fighting her to keep earplugs in the entire time as well as walk the entire grounds to keep her busy so I didn't see as much of the races as I would have liked. We did our usual stop in the pit to talk to the racers and sit in their cars at the end.Pictures from the races...
Sunday We were going to go to church with the girls at the hospital but found out it started earlier then we believed. We still took the girls to visit and hold the babies and play in the playroom for a bit. Then Shane took them home with him while I stayed. Later that day Grandma and Grandpa Jackson came and visit Beau and Amber. Grandma made them the cutest name banners for them. While grandma was holding Beau he decided to show off what he does best and coded (code blue) meaning he decided to stop breathing and drop his heart rate. I grabbed him off of grandma's lap and tried to stimulate him to breath and he did for a second but then dropped again, while doing this I called the nurse across the way over (our nurse had ran to the bathroom) I hurried and put him in his bed and handed the oxygen mask to the nurse. She called the code blue and in came the team to fill up the room. My poor mom was scared for life and may never hold him again. I tried explaining to her that this is what he does and it had nothing to do with her or how she was holding him. He desat a few more times that night but nothing to code on. I gave them their baths then went home.
Shane making sure Regan is being a good holder.
Monday they dropped Amber's oxygen to 1liter. Later that night for family night we took the girls hiking and picnic. It was a good time. Shaela and I struggled keeping up. I hope most of it for me was lack of using my muscles since being pregnant and I hope Shaela was just having an off day and that neither of us struggled because of our hearts.
Took this picture of Beau holding his ear...
Tuesday Amber and Beau both got their immunizations done. They also told me they thought Beau dropping his sats all the time may be more of a nerological problem then a lung problem and that they ordered a head ultrasound for Thursday.
Look who sucks his thumb...
Wednesday Beau had an MRI done on his bowels and intestines to watch dye go through and make sure everything was ready to go for surgery on Friday. From what I was told he did not like having his butt cheeks taped. Beau also went to high flow. Amber went onto low flow cannula.
Amber cuddling with me before nursing...
Thursday Beau had an ultrasound on his head done. It showed that his desats are not caused neurologically and that the brain bleed he had from birth has resolved itself. Amber and I have been working on nursing. She latches on pretty well just doesn't stay on. I bathed both of them here is some cute pictures of them all cleaned up.
Beau... He still gets sponge baths...








3 comments:
When you say it has been a busy week you aren't kidding. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope his surgery went well. Love you guys!
You certainly are a busy family! As if the newborns weren't enough to keep you on your toes, you and Shane plan all kinds of activities to keep your big girls happy! What great parents you are! I hope little Beau came through his surgery well, thoughts and prayers with you all! Love, Kathy xox
Almost forgot to say how cute the babies are getting, such big eyes on Amber and Beau sucking his thumb!!!! Lol! Completely adorable!
Post a Comment