Sunday, August 9, 2015

100 Days Old and Due Date

One of my favorite photos we did with Ruby 'Jo'

Friday, July 31st, Super fun, watching the movie 'Home' in the neighbors backyard.. Shane and I have talked many times about getting a projector to play movies outside but never have followed through with it. I love the idea of neighborhood get togethers and having neighborhood friends. I can truly say I love our neighborhood.

Saturday, August 1st, Beau started taking his bottle like a champ. I tried nursing but he isn't sure how the nipple change benefits him yet ;) After I got back from the hospital we took the girls up the canyon to barbque and play in the woods. It was a nice family night that we all needed. You can feel the strain on the family reaching all the way to the youngest one, Miss Regan. We all are a bit short with each other and a bit over exhausted. I'd love to say we are all happy and loving life, which we are but in a different way. And each one of us is dealing with the stress differently. However, the faith, testimony and bond it has brought our family is just as priceless as these babies.
Nothing more calming then a fire pit

Sunday, August 2nd, we took the girls to church and after to go see the babies at the hospital. Bridget stayed later with me to give Beau a bath.

Monday, August 3rd, a usual day with the babies. Shane roasted marshmallows with a fire pit with the girls. I ended up having to go back and deliver milk to the hospital. He forgot to get pictures.

Thursday, August 6th, Beau went to a regular nasal cannula. It was a great day. 
No more high flow

Holding them together.

Bath time and DON'T think about taking his Binky away!

I need these made for the babies! I love the black onesie but maybe have his in turquoise writing and hers in Pink writing?
Sunday, August 9th, wow what a crazy Sunday. You just have to look at my 4year old to see that I am short a few organized skills right now. I dressed Regan for church while she was asleep and she woke upset because it wasn't the fancy dress she wanted. She hid under her bed and stripped naked. Finally found the fancy dress she wanted to wear and dressed her in it. (Not worth the fight) I Made the executive decision her hair will have to be done while listening to church services. As we are walking into the chapel I look down and notice that my lovely 4yr old dressed in her lovely fancy dress and crazy homeless hairdo has NO shoes on!!!! I ended up leaving the three girls with some neighbor ladies (have I said I love my neighbors?) After I ran home, picked up her missing shoes and returned to services I proceeded to work on her hair with those cheap elastics (the only ones I could find) you know the ones you get in the packages at a bargain. Well they did what they do best and kept breaking as I was trying to tie her hair in two ponytails. When I finally thought the look may pass for something we could get away with she decided to mess it up (who knows why). So this is how my little Regan looked at church. Gotta Love Her! I told her I was taking a picture of her "Lovely Dress and Beautiful Hair" (have I said she is super sensitive right now?). 

After church I went to visit the babies without the kids this time. Shane planned to meet up with me later so we could do the classes you need to pass off to get your babies out of NICU. And guess what... Miss Amber was Oxygen Free when I showed up!!! On Room Air!!! Now her Brother had been taking full feeds and showing her up and she must of just gotten tired of that and decided to show him!

Oxygen is the big number in blue!

Cannula Free!!!

This is one of the babies primaries names Jessica. I truly have the best primaries and believe I have made lifetime friends with this Journey they have taken with us. I love how much they care for my littles and are willing to chat with me ALL day as I sit there. (I'm sure they sometimes wish they could get away from me).

Jessica

Monday, August 10th, was just a feeder Grower day! Beau knocked it out of the park and showed Amber how it was suppose to be done by taking ALL his feeds by bottle! I sadly am loosing my milk since I had surgery ;( 

Beau on left Amber on Right

Tuesday, August 11th... Was a Big Day!!! It was Beau, Amber and Ruby's Due Date. As well as 100 Days Old. Beau celebrated his day early by going off Oxygen for 40min before headed to surgery and being reintubated. So I took  a few pictures to show his cute nose as we headed to surgery. He had his two ingrenial hernias fixed. He did really great in his surgery and now is just trying to recoup. Amber is still eating and growing. I have talked the doctors in allowing her to come home on an NG Tube. I guess they don't allow that anymore. However, since I've had one come home with an NG Tube before (Shaela)  he said ok ;) so now she is waiting on her hernia to be fixed. Then can head home.

Look at those nostrils.. (Beau)

Amber

Beau

Wednesday, August 12th, they had their eye exams today. Amber has graduated to not being stuck here just because of her eyes and she can now be watched through out patient once she leaves here. Beau has no major changes so will be having another exam again next week and did not get a green card to go home from the eye doctor (Dr. Hoffman). 

For everyone that has been asking. My surgery went as good as possible. They ended up taking everything on the right and my left tube. But were able to leave the left ovaries. My milk production has gone WAY down since the surgery and looks like the babies may end up to be exclusive bottle feeders after all.

Ohhh ya.... They both weigh over 7lbs!









 







No comments: