Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Lost a dear friend

well yesterday I lost a Very dear old friend. This friend I have known for 13 years. I have loved and hated her. She has always been dependable for me though. Who was this friend,? you ask... It was none other then my trusty old Subaru ( u r a bus spelt backwards). I bought this car 13 yrs ago while I was in college. I hated the color of it, but loved the car. I still hate the color of it. Well it was 15yrs old the day it died. It sure lasted a long time for me though. We had racked up 260,000 miles together! Shane was going to work the other day in her when she gave her last breath. He tried to resuscitate her, but to no avail she would cost way to much medical for us at this time. So we are on the hunt for a car. Not a new one, we looked on KSL and found another Subaru just like her, same year but with only 150,000 miles. the car is only $500.00. That car still has a good 100,000 miles left in it. Shane is going to go take a look at him tomorrow! I will post a pic. of our lost loved one soon! She will be donated to Kars for Kidneys.. Moment of silence for the one that forgave me the 2 times I forgot to put the oil cap on and blew oil all over the roof of her hood, the times I drove around with her leaking oil for so long, The time a dumped 2 SUPER SIZED milk shakes onto the gear shift, the times I ran her with the gas light on until she was only using fumes, and the MANY, MANY, MANY brakes I had to replace in her because of my heavy foot. Oh and the time she ran into my moms Yukon.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

BYE BYE SUBARU. We will miss you!