I started writing this 2.5wks ago!
Headed home in her own clothes!
First Bottle at home!
Wednesday, August 26th. I worked it out with the doctors to use the parent overnight room and to place Beau in there so I could take Amber back to the hospital with me in case Beau got his walking papers after his eye exam. He did a great job during his exam. However, he still didn't pass! He is getting better and they will check on Wednesday, August 2nd. I was so sad! My babies should be together. My family NEEDS to be together! Amber and I did enjoy being able to hang with him all day in that room. The hospital staff has truly gone out of their way for me on many accounts and I sure do appreciate it. Later when we got home I left Amber with my mom so I could take the older two to Back to School night.
Thursday, August 27th, started as the first day I couldn't go see Beau because Amber was home. So hard that you can't bring your babies back in with you if you still have one there. However, I completely understand the reasons behind it.
Hanging with the girls
Friday, August 28th, Regan practiced her fishing skills to prepare for her dad to take her fishing later on that day. I think she can cast better then me!
While Shane and Regan were fishing, Shaela and Bridget went to a friends Birthday party and I met my mom and dad at the hospital. They watched over Amber in a private family room while I was able to visit and cuddle Beau. It sure does my heart good to be able to hold him.
Saturday August 29th, not much happened on this day other then trying to get caught up on chores and doing them with an extra caboose attached. The girls and Shane did go to the ward Luau and had a great time. So here are some fun pics..
Amber pulled her tube so I grabbed a pic.
Since her tube as been replaced to the other side we can now see her cute left cheek and I think she MAY have a dimple.... I sure hope it stays! It doesn't always show up. I also think Beau has two smile ones.?.
Amber's Dimple, can you see it?
Beau's Dimples, you think?
Monday, August 31st, Regan started her second year of preschool! She was so excited. On her meet the teacher night (who she already knew from having her last year) we had to leave 30min early because she couldn't wait any longer so I took the VERY long, sight seeing way. Since her school is only 4 minutes from our place.
Regan 1st day of 2nd year preschool
End of 1st dayTuesday, September 1st Regan decided she needed a major change to her look and tried out Bangs. Yep! She cut her hair. No shocker since everyone of my girls has done this. But it was funny since a few days before I had just thought on how we dodged that activity with her since she is a year older then the other two were when they did it. I am not a fan of bangs on my girls but she thinks they are super cute ;) I called over my niece, Jaycee who is in beauty school to come straighten them up. But Regan really didn't do that bad of a job at them.
Beau passed his eye exam but had a Brady over the night and ended up receiving a couple more days.Friday, August 4th... Was a big.... Day! And one for the records. It started out with Amber and I attending her after discharge follow ups at Primary's. First Opthamologist for her eyes that took 2.5hrs and then surgical for another hour. She did great! While there I got a call from Bridget's school saying that they think she broke her arm. Shane wasn't in range to go to the school and NICU was waiting on me to finish up Amber's doctor appointments so I could take Beau home. I asked my mom (who was coming to Primary's to watch over Amber while I did all the discharge stuff for Beau) to pick up Bridget at school on her way to the hospital so I could make a pit stop to the ER to get her armed looked at. However, Shane was able to get her. Thank goodness! It didn't take as long to get Beau out of there as it did Amber. The first night home with the two of them felt like a circus act but now that we are settled in, it is not so bad. Beau came home with oxygen. I will post a few pictures here but most likely will be posting the bulk of them on Instagram so I can print the brag books. Thanks for being so patient with my speratic and infrequent posts and for sharing this journey with us.
The halls I walked daily and the lucky nurse who got to discharge us.



















1 comment:
Yippeeeeee!!!!! Yay for the Dolar family, finally all together! I am so very happy for you all. Congratulations to Amber and Beau on their big escape!
Post a Comment