Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Surgeries ✔️

Tuesday, August 18th, Beau completed his eye surgery.  He did really well and they will do drops in his eyes for three days to keep them moist. He will have to always be followed and he still can have detachment of the retina but surgery for that is more successful when this surgery has been done first. He now opens his eyes more then he usually did and he follows objects with his eyes.

Beau trying to see the doctors

Wednesday, August 19th, Amber had her hernia surgeries. I am so glad we didn't wait until she was a bit older to do them. She ended up having one on each side (her  Inguinal Hernia) and the larger one was so big her ovaries had pushed down into it. While he was at it Dr. Downy also did her Umbilical Hernia. Yay!!!! She came back and was off the vent right away. And now, few hours later she is of oxygen as well! Sounds like she could be coming home this week and Beau possibly next week!

 They have to wear a cap to surgery so I made her a bow one...

Dr. Downy has done All of Beau's surgeries.

Standing by Beau is Dr. Downy (on left) and fellow (middle) and of course me.

Shaela and Bridget had their first day of school today and seemed to enjoy it! I almost forgot a picture and had to run after them for a quick snapshot. (I do that every year) 

1st day of school

And to finish off the day/night my lovely neighbor brought me a gift!! Notice the recognition to ruby on the inside? Love them! And love she included Ruby. Have I mentioned what wonderful neighbors I have? I so need to get all my "Thank You's" out going back from the beginning of all this. I just haven't even had time, I think about it all the time and hope people really know how much I have appreciated all the condolences, gifts, dinners, babysitting and just plain love! Thank You!!

Gift from Karyl Lee




No comments: