Monday, August 24, 2015

Do I dare say the 'H' word?

First off it is time to give a shout out to Grandma's!!! So many times my mom (Jolene) and Shane's mom (Sandy) have gone out of their ways to help me. They have each helped with Regan and the girls many times.. And I couldn't have done it without them. My mom made the cutest name banners for Amber and Beau that seem to get complimented on every day. 


However, I can't leave out Grandpa (my dad) he is always willing to take the girls for me anything he is available and doesn't complain but calls me and asks me if I need him to take them more. I love his unselfish love.

This past week there wasn't much excitement which is a nice thing!I just an eating and growing week..

Beau couldn't sleep. I think he is enjoying seeing things. I am enjoying holding the two together.

Now it was Ambers turn not being able to sleep
 
And their out....

Well we have talked about the 'H' word (home) a lot lately and it sounds like we are on track to bring Miss Amber home tomorrow!!! She will come home on an NG Tube and still needs kidney surgery when she gets a little older. And depending on how Beau's eye exam goes on Wednesday he could be home Wednesday or Thursday!! I so hope he passes. I worked it out with NICU to be able to bring Amber back with me on Wednesday so that I could be there for his exam and possible discharge. He will come home on Oxygen. And will be followed for his Cronicung Disease, Liver Failure and his eyes.

So excited to start the next chapter in our adventure with these two miracles. They will be on lockdown and not taken out in public where people will want to hold and touch them. I was told not to take them to church until spring. And to not have a show and tell at my house with them as all good intention people never know if they are carting a germ that could send them back to the hospital. It will be so hard because I so.. Want to share them with everyone who has traveled this journey with us and held our hands along the way. 




4 comments:

Shaleen Turner said...

I'm so excited for you!!! Finally home!!!

Julie Kenworthy said...

I'm so excited for all of you! Congrats on making it this far. We've found the next phase to be more exhausting and more wonderful. Fingers crossed all goes well for Beau and his eye exam. They are both absolutely adorable!

Julie Kenworthy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Dear Nicla, wishing you and hubby and all the kiddos a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year! I sure hope everyone is well and happy! Big kids and littlest ones too! Xox