Monday, August 17, 2015

A Valium Please...

What an emotional week!!! First off one of the doctors/surgeons has asked if I have a medical background and said to the nurses that he thinks I am lying and he believes I do have a medical background and that I just don't want them to know for some reason ;) guess I sometimes sound smart in all this stuff. I usually get asked at least once a day what my medical background is ;) nursing is my calling I have not got a degree in yet but will when my kids are older. However, with everything that has gone on I feel like I have lost so much brain cells. I can't hold intelligent conversations and can never think of what I want to say. I have lost so much info in my head it's like it is spitting out everything extra right now.

Thursday, August 13th, I was with the babies in the morning. My friend Megan took Bridget and Regan with her kiddos to the County Fair. They had so much fun with them. Later I took Bridget school shopping after the hospital and we had a great time together. She was so excited to buy colorful shoes for school this year. For some that don't know my girls attend a uniform school and in past years were only able to wear black, brown or blue shoes. But this year they changed it that you could wear any shoes within limits. She still needs to get her backpack and school starts on the 19th. Later that night my friend Kellie helped me finish Shaela's skate competition dress. Actually she did way more then just help finish it, she cut it all out, sat and kept me company as I sewed it on her machine and she pinned pieces together. It turned out pretty cute for the 'Super Hero' theme.

Cowgirl Regan

Sheep herder Bridget

Friday, August 14th, I took Shaela to skating around 6:00am, went home got Bridget up, and showered then picked Shaela up and took her to the Jr. High to fix her schedule. After that went home and got her ready for her competition. She did pretty good for not competing in almost 2yrs and going up a few levels. She placed 4th out of 6. At first she was so upset when she came off the ice. She knows she is slowing down and you can now see it in her skating. She pushes herself so hard but can't get faster with her heart ;( she was excited to find out that she placed.

Super Hero, Shaela

Winning picture (one girl missing)

Later that day I made Chocolate chip cookies with Regan. Since I was cooking you had your choice between Lightly Burnt, Mediem Burnt or Dark Burnt. They all still tasted good and are all gone now (someone might have just thrown them away to make me feel better)

Little Chef


Saturday, August 15th, I went and seen the babies early in the morning then took Shaela school shopping. We went to Station Park Mall, Layton Hills Mall as well as Target, Walmart, Payless, Smith's Marketplace and Khols. We couldn't find any white button up shirts for school that fit her that where under $70.00 until we finally did Khols at 9:30 at night. She is also still in the need of a backpack. I also got the opportunity to put my grandma to bed since my mom is out of town. I sure love her.
Sunday, August 16th, we did our usual church and visit the babies with the girls.

Monday,  August 17th, (today) has been an emotional day. Grandma Sandy took Bridget and Regan for me for the day and later when we got done at the hospital she took all three girls to the movie. What wonderful grandmas they have! First thing in the morning I took Shaela in for her heart check up. We went in smiling came out sad. We knew her energy level has been going down but not where others may able to notice. She makes me so proud on how much she pushes herself.  Her heart isn't doing as well (as we expected) we made the choice with Dr. Puchalski to wait and look at her in 6 months. We don't want to rush her in too soon and we don't want to wait too long where we end up putting to much pressure on the Aorta Valve and having to transplant it as well. Shaela handled it as well as expected. And we are excited to have 6 more months.

Echo

Shaela and Dr. Puchalski, her Crdiologist that she has had for 13yrs

We then went to check on the babies and found out that Beau has to have eye surgery and they will be doing that tomorrow morning. Trying to prevent him from going blind. It will effect his per-feral vision and we may have a cute baby with glasses. 
  Amber will be having surgery on her hernia as soon as I get a doc to approve it for this week. Shane and a friend blessed the babies for tomorrow. 
  Mom NEEDS a valium!!!!
Pray and Wish us luck this week!

Amber on Left Beau on right. She looks bigger then Beau but only because she is closest to the camera.



2 comments:

Eric(a) said...

My daughter had to have that eye surgery too. She is 4 now and is doing really well. So far she doesn't have to have glasses and her vision is pretty good too! They told us it would be hard to tell the effects the surgery would have on her until she was old enough to do a vision test. Good luck!!

Em the Carbivore said...

We love Dr. P! If that man ever moves, I think he would have angry mob of moms! I called today to make an appointment with him, as Jacob seems a bit off. He's so amazing at making sense of things and staying calm. Cora had to have eye surgery and also patching. She has done great, went from being completely blind in one eye, with poor eyesight in the other, to being perfect (but it can change). Your babies are getting so big and are just darling! I'm so excited to see them home! Being in the house for the winter with Jacob and then with Cora (Jacob was 36 weeks with crappy lungs from Hydrops and then his heart defect) and then with Cora, as she was 32 weeks. It made such a difference with Cora. We did not get RSV or anything beyond one or two minor colds, and we avoided the readmit to the hospital. I am wishing you all health and so much happiness! I think of you all often and know many are praying for you. (((Hugs)))-Emily Gourley