Friday, May 8, 2015

Beginning of our Birth story

Ruby
Beau

Amber

Beginning of our birth story....
As many have read from earlier posts we were able to hold off the birth of these amazing little souls for 6 days! After another trip to L&D and being released back to my room on Saturday early evening my sister Ashley Jackson came and visited me as well as gifted me with some amazingly good smelling lotions which I highly coveted ;) after she left I kneeled down to pray my night time prayers and had an overwhelming feeling to no eat my midnight shakes or take my prenatal vitamin, so when she handed them to me I hid the vitamin away then set out to try and fall asleep. (I think it was meant for me not to eat since I would have had eaten food and water to early for surgery) Around 1:00am I was woken up (once again) with hard contractions. I laid there debating on whether to say anything to the nurses since I would end up back at L&D and I had finally received my freedom from there. My contractions started up being about 5-7mins apart. I finally got down on my knees and prayed to God on what I should do and to guide me and the docs through this adventure. I laid back down and called Shane first and told him I believed it was time and to head over if he didn't want to miss it then I called in the nurse. In came the Doc to check my cervix and voila I had dilated to a 5 with babies ready to come.  As expected I got a hurried trip L&D. My contractions started to get closer and harder and I finally asked when they where going to put the epidural in. They said they where holding off to get closer to 7:00am (that way they would have double staff to watch over me and the babies) which was 1 1/2hours away. I told them I don't think they had that long. The Anesthesiologist was right outside my door reading my chart and history. I asked for a Foley because Every time I had a contraction it felt like baby 'A' was kicking my bladder and I didn't think I'd make it to the bathroom with the pain.  After they placed the Foley the pain actually got worse from the Foley putting more pressure down there. A few mins later as I told them I could feel the babies coming my water broke and then they where rushing as fast as they could to the OR. I kept praying out loud for the docs to be able to help me and these little ones. I also kept telling them I could feel Baby 'A' coming out. As soon as we got into the OR I had iv after iv and arterial lines put in. At the same time that was happening I was getting an epidural and spinal both and the docs where scrubbing my belly down for surgery. Well out came Baby 'A- Beau' breached so they rushed the spinal and epidural as fast as they could all the while trying to keep my heart rate and pressures on my heart controlled. I didn't see any of them born but could here the conversations going on. When the last one Baby 'C- Amber' was dug out from under my ribs the relief I felt from all their weight being lifted was immediate. Shane was my  rock through all of this.. As much as he hates being stuck in medical situations he always is trying to help me. And the OR was NOT a calm place at the time!! I can't even tell you how many docs and personnel where in there to help me but I do know they had 20 NICU staff there to help the babies. After closing me up all the docs told me I was doing well and I was stable. But really drugged up ;) Shane was able to go see the babies after they stabilized them and I went to try and see them as soon as I could move my legs. I had to talk the nurse into getting me a wheelchair ride there and NOT on my bed!!! I finally got my way. However I only stayed a very brief time to see them, then I left because I was starting to get nauseas and that is when the second half this story begins. ;) but while I was on my way back to my room Shane Dolar, Pres. Hill and the Stake Secretary proceeded to bless the babies with their names and gave them wonderful blessings. I didn't hear them but the three of them mentioned to me how wonderful and spiritual they where. I am so glad they where able to name and bless them. I believe with all my faith that I was being watched and comforted by God and that these babies where suppose to come today while many, many of you where praying and fasting for us. I know without a doubt Beau (baby A) was suppose to be born through the birthing canal. Boy babies are typically weaker and he is the strongest. All babies are big for their gestation age of being triplets. They measure big for a singleton baby at this gestation age. Thanks again everyone for all your help with the girls and for your faith. It has been very peaceful and comforting through all this and not once have I been scared. My tears I have shed where for my family and the stress I know I have put them through. We do not know what the outcome will be for these little ones but I do know because of our faith either way I will get to raise them. Keep on praying for them. I only share these spiritual things with you not because I think that I am that spiritual or so close to God but because I want you all aware how much your many prayers have been heard.

No comments: