Monday, May 18, 2015

Ear hold'n and naked babes

Ok I have started this post at least a dozen times... My life has turned so busy that when I do sit down (which is to pump for the babies to have milk) I fall asleep. I will start with me... I feel like a traveler of the freeway... With Beau at Primary's and Amber still at IMC. I am adding up miles on my car. But well worth those miles! The swelling on my feet as gone way down, but I am still wearing sandals that are three sizes bigger than I usually wear. My heart seems to be steady. I do get the night sweats now when I sleep (from heart failure) that are not much fun (good thing I like hot showers). I will see the cardiologist again on the 26th. Where I will get an Echo, EKG and Chest X-Rays. I am excited that I fit into some of my old clothes they just are a bit tight.

Amber.. Is doing pretty good. They started her on breast milk and have moved up to breast milk fortified with extra calories. She has done well with tolerating it. They start out with tiny amounts (3cc's) and feed every 6hrs. She was reventilated because she was getting too tired trying to breath without a little assistance. But I did get to hold her even with her being ventilated. She seems to like it as much as I do. I even got to sneak my first kiss to her forehead as they were picking her up off my chest to put her back in her incubator. There is nothing better then kissing your babies head and smelling their sweet sent as you do so. Oh.. And I can't forget... Anyone that knows me well knows I have a habit of playing with my ears, my kids ears and as much as my husband hates it, his ears... When I first got to sweet Amber she was holding onto her ear... I couldn't hold back from taking a picture to show Shane that she is going to be a little me ;)



Beau.... Is trying to get bigger. They did try feeds with him but he didn't tolerate it well and took him off. They have to be extra careful with him because of the problem he already had with his bowels. Last night they were going to start and try again but at a very, very slow pace. I have not got to hold this little fellow and can't wait to be able to. But I did get to assist in giving him a sponge bath last night. They think the mess they gave home to help close his PDA is working.. That would be wonderful. 
This is us bathing him ;) (naked butt) oh and he already pee'd on me the little stinker. I also finally got to see his eyes open just a bit so of course I had to take a picture. (not a real good one)



4 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE that she is holding her ear! Oh these babies are so cute!

Jenn Foster said...

So cute! And nice to have a bath by mama

Kaylynn.Spradling said...

Oh so beautiful Nicla! Thank you for posting pictures of these miracles!

Kaylynn.Spradling said...

Oh so beautiful Nicla! Thank you for posting pictures of these miracles!