Second half of Birth Story....
So as I was headed back from seeing the babies I got very sick, by the time I got back to my room I was having a really hard time. They gave me some Zofran to help the nausea but it wasn't working real well. We said our goodbyes and then I was left alone. My blood pressure was dropping which made me more sick and I was told no food or drink incase I would have to go back for heart surgery. A few hours later I was going to go try and see the babies again. I got up waited to be disconnected from all my lines and sat in the wheelchair when I started to feel sick again, but not only sick but dizzy so I told the nurse never mind I need to lay back in bed. That is when things turned to the worse. My blood pressure went really... Low and I remember everyone running around. That is when I asked them to cal ll Shane and let him know what was going on. I also remember them running to get blood to start transfusion on me telling them I was starting to pass out and to hurry because I could feel them losing me. As soon as the blood started going into my veins and the drugs they hurried and gave me started to take effect I started to come back around. I ended up getting 2liters of blood at that time. I was told my case was to much for L&D (which is where they had put me back into after having the kids) and that they where not equipped to handle my case. Every time something happened they had doctors come to that unit to help me. So they where talking about moving me to ICU. Well they waited to move me until the next day because they wanted me a bit more stable. In the morning they gave me another liter of blood. I was anemic while pregnant and having surgery made me more so since I lost some more blood. After that delivery they came and told me that I am moving to the Cardiac until into their ICU which is in another building (they do attach my halls)and I wouldn't be able to make the trek back to see the babies. Also I have been trying to pump Breast Milk for these guys but so far with no luck, but I think what is hindering that a bit is I am on liquid restrictions and taking Lasix. I asked to have one last trip to see the babies before I was taken over to my new room (I had only seen them once for literally 2mins) so complied and pushed me over in a wheelchair. I talked to each nurse about each baby then said my good byes and was pushed to my new unit reand room. I am now stable and hope I can kick this place quickly. I talked the docs over here (who are not afraid of my heat stuff) into allowing me to get up and move around as much as I can. I am a strong believer that the more you are up moving around the faster you heal. I still have to fight them off Every time they day I need to take pain meds and I have to say I am ok I am not in enough pain to take them. Not that there ever is enough pain for me to take them. So here I am sitting in my new room hoping to get back to the babies soon. Depending on how well I am tomorrow they may take out some of these iv lines which would be nice...
No comments:
Post a Comment